Bianca Crocker is the chick behind Fish Community Solutions, aka The Fish Chick. She is passionate about creating positive change in the world and as such sees herself as a Community Change Architect.
She is a Certified Fund Raising Executive (CFRE) with over ten years experience in professional writing and communications in the non-profit sector and advertising industry. She has refined her skills in marketing and fundraising through her work with various organisations; including those supporting sick and disadvantaged youth and children, conservation and environment causes and community health and welfare.
Her career achievements to date include;
- Alumni of the Emerging Pacific Leaders’ Dialogue 2014
- Shortlisted for a Telstra Business Women’s Award, Young Business Woman of the Year, in 2014
- Finalist in the Resource Alliance’s Global Fundraiser of the Year in 2012
- Awarded Young Fundraiser of the Year by the Fundraising Institute of Australia in March 2012.
- Awarded ASI Smart Scholarship to attend Fundraising Institute of Australia’s Madison Down Under, Strategic Marketing in Fundraising, in August 2007.
- Part of a small team who organised a signature fundraising event that raised over $350,000 over two years and won Fundraising Institute of Australia (Victorian Chapter) Special Event of the Year 2007 and 2008.
- Successfully redeveloped and launched a monthly giving program that achieved 25%+ annual target and tripled the number of members in two years.
- Written over $1,000,000 worth of successful philanthropic and government funding submissions over three years. Developed and implemented an internal system to source and apply for various funding opportunities.
- Managed a major corporate sponsorship and secured ongoing support from them for future years (valued at $150,000p/a).
- Developed and implemented a charity re-branding strategy to ensure unity across the organisation and an enhanced image internally and externally.
- Strategically redeveloped a small business program which fostered an average 114% year-on-year growth over three years.
- The development and implementation of a major fundraising promotion with the Bendigo Bank which raised in excess of $10,000 in its first year, and went on to raise over $70,000 in its two successive years.
- Helped support and develop the strategy that grew the Direct Mail program by over 55% across two years, including the introduction of a new Top Donor approach which had an average donation of $355.
- Developed and launched a bequest program that, within two years, has grown to an estimated $1m of future income.
Read more about The Fish Chick at her first blog post here.
Bianca is a Member of Fundraising Institute of Australia.